The Liposonix therapeutic ultrasound system uses HIFU (High-intensity focused ultrasound) to treat and eliminate fat that isn’t eliminated with diet and exercise. From the start, Pensar was an integral part of Liposonix’s team providing all of their mechanical engineering, from project management to detail design. When Liposonix began developing this device, no one else was using HIFU with such positional accuracy. Pensar was an essential part of the R&D for this groundbreaking device.
Project: Therapeutic Ultrasound
Mechanical Engineering, R&D
Further details on Pensar’s involvement:
- 3-axis motion control system
- Servo motor, linear voice coil motor, linear stepper motor electrical systems
- Design of position, acceleration, pressure and temperature sensor interfaces
- User interface, LVDS (Low-voltage differential signaling) digital control interface
- Cable harnesses
- Mechanical enclosure design
- Therapy arm mechanism design
- Master model creation
- Top level skeleton creation
Combining the disciplines of Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineering, Pensar develops robust products that exceed expectations and are ready for the real world. Contact us to discuss how we can help on your next project.